Program stage hall 12 Mega Record & CD Fair April 13 & 14, 2013
Program Recordplanet Mega Record & Cd Fair
Saturday April 13
- 11.00 – 11.05 uur Opening with Miss Twist
- 11.05 – 13.00 uur DJ Kees ( Tim Knol band)
- 13.00 – 13.05 uur Pseudonym presentation with Harry Knipschild
- 13.05 – 13.30 uur Live performance Supersister with Robert Jan Stips
- 13.30 – 14.30 uur Live performance Nicko and Peter Struijk
- 14.30 – 15.30 uur Live performance John the Revelator
- 15.30 – 16.45 uur PopQuiz Three Imaginary Boys
- 16.45 – 17.00 uur DJ Miss Twist
And singing sessions plus book presentations by members of: Group 1850, Supersister, John the Revelator, the RO-D-YS, The Living’ Blues Experience and more musicians from the Dutch label “Excelsior”. Authors René Seghers (Jacques Brel, De Definitieve Biografie) Rob van Leeuwen (The World of Artone) and Trevor Clark (Murder on the Train to Skaville). Pop photographer George Dubose (USA) will sign his latest photo books covering the Ramones en HipHop artists.
Sunday April 14
- 11.00 – 13.00 uur Opening with DJ Miss Twist
- 13.00 – 14.00 uur Live performance Mytron
- 14.00 – 15.00 uur Live performance Nicko
- 15.00 – 15.45 uur Live performance Jack Ellister
- 15.45 – 17.00 uur End of the spring fair DJ Miss Twist
And during the whole day signing sessions with Electro Pop duo Mytron and singer/songwriter Jack Ellister Experience and more musicians from the Dutch label “Excelsior”. Book presentations by authors René Seghers (Jacques Brel, De Definitieve Biografie), Rob van Leeuwen (The World of Artone), and Trevor Clark (Murder on the Train to Skaville). Pop photographer George Dubose (USA) will sign his latest photo books covering the Ramones en HipHop artists.
More info: recordplanet.nl and pre sale tickets: recordplanet.nl/presale
Pseudonym records will present their latest releases together with autograph sessions by many Dutch musicians at the Mega Record & CD Fair in the Jaarbeurs Utrecht April 13 & 14, 2013.
First day release: 2LP SUPERSISTER – Long Live Supersister at the record fair Utrecht.
Performing live on stage are John the Revelator and Supersister, other autographing artists are: members of the RO-D-YS and Group 1850. Furthermore new releases by Mr Albert Show, the Tee Set and the Jay-Jays.
- 2LP RO-D-YS – Take Her Home / The PHILIPS 45s (2LP) | Autograph session by: Harry Rijnbergen, Wiechert Kenter
- 2LP SUPERSISTER – Long Live Supersister ! |Live performance by Robert Jan Stips and autograph session by: Robert Jan Stips & Marco Vrolijk
- LP GROUP 1850 – Paradise Now – Finally from the original masters! &CD GROUP 1850 – Paradise Now / Agemo’s Trip To Mother Earth | Autograph session by: Beer Klaasse, Hugo Gordijn, Martin van Duynhoven & Ruud van Buuren
- LP JOHN THE REVELATOR – Wild Blues + 2 bonus tracks |Live performance and autograph session by the complete band
- LP Mr. ALBERT SHOW – Mr. Albert Show + 1 bonus track
- LP Mr. ALBERT SHOW – Warm Motor
- LP JAY–JAYS – Jay-Jays + 4 bonus tracks
- 2LP EPICA – The Phantom Agony – Expanded Edition
Open Saturday April 13 from 09.00 until 17.00 hours and Sunday April 14 from 10.00 until 17.00 hours. Pre-sale by: recordplanet.nl
Original Vintage David Bowie posters from the beginning of his career up to 1976.
Original artwork and rare David Bowie posters at the Mega Record & Cd Fair April 13 & 14, 2013.
On both fair days Gallery Bamalama from London will show some of the original artwork and rare David Bowie posters from the start of his career up to the early seventies. After an absence of 10 years Bowie is in the spotlight again, recently he released a new single and he will release a new album later this week. The artwork at the exhibit is all from the start of his career up to his Ziggy Stardust period in the mid seventies.
See for more details about the fair: recordplanet.nl
Open Saturday April 13 from 09.00 until 17.00 hours and Sunday April 14 from 10.00 until 17.00 hours.
The World of Artone, a History of a Dutch Record Label
a History of a Dutch Record Label at the Record fair Utrecht April 2013
At the record fair in Utrecht April 13 & 14, 2013 author Rob van Leeuwen will autograph his encyclopaedia The World of Artone.
Rob Van Leeuwen writer of World of Artone, the Story of a Dutch Record Company talks about his passion for vinyl:
‘In the Seventies, I started to collect the records from Artone and it’s sub-labels. I was captivated by the beautiful cover sleeves of the Artone singles. Without doubt the most beautiful covers ever made. The Artone record company was vested in 1956 and was sold early 1970 to CBS. The Artone area covered a span of 14 years in which they issued around 3000 singles and over 500 EP’s. The first issues were on 78 RPM, but they very quickly moved to the 45 RPM.
Artone singles with beautiful cover sleeves
My book the World of Artone, the Story of a Dutch Record Company will show all the records Artone ever issued. If a picture cover exists, the picture cover is shown. Otherwise, the label is shown. I have included as much cover variations as possible. The book will have over 400 pages and also includes a short history of the company, all records released on 45 RPM, and advertisement materials from Artone.’
Please note: The book will be comparable with the PLUT platenboek and is available for around 80 euro. At the Mega Record & CD Fair on April 13 & 14 Rob will sell and autograph the first copies of this impressive new encyclopaedia.
Exhibits: David Bowie & Jacques Brel: Mega Record & CD Fair, April 13 & 14, 2013 Read on…